What Next Level Church believes about Baptism
Who Should Be Baptized
- Christians believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin.
- If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. Just like a bride and groom show others their love for one another by wearing wedding rings, your baptism is your opportunity to show others that you have accepted Christ and are now living for Him.
- If you have any questions about how to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please contact email@example.com
What Baptism Symbolizes
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life).
- Were symbolically washed clean, and sins were forgiven by His death on the cross.
Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. We immerse (dunk under the water) at Next Level Church because we believe the Bible shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
Some denominations choose to christen infants. While we recognize the right of other churches to practice infant christening, we understand the Bible to teach that only professing believers qualify for baptism. Baptism does not make you a believer, rather it shows that you already believe.
To Register For Baptism
To sign up to be baptized, click here.